Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Pass the Plate Please

Good Tuesday morning to you!

I managed to become a tad busier than I thought last week and found myself having to make some special ordered Lavender Sachets. 

I had some left overs so have listed those in the shop and you can see those under Handmade Sachets in my other shop.   
Here is one set.....didn't these turn out looking very sweet and delicate?

While over at BYGONERA there are some plates I would like to share with you today.  These of course are vintage and I so long for them to go, my tiny house is too tiny and I need the space.  






Pictured above are two pieces which have become rather scarce.  The pattern named THE GAY GANDER was produced and all hand painted in the mid 1900's and few are able to find this pattern today, apparently finding pieces is rather rare. 

THESE were produced by WILLIAM ADAMS & CO. established in Tunstall, England in 1657 is and was a well and highly recognized for its enduring quality china wares as well as Staffordshire pottery. 

The makers mark seen on the reverse of these plates are the standard printed mark dates from 1914 to 1940. **Above the crown in the first picture being the pattern name.** 

AND another set of plates from across the pond these 1950's ALFRED MEAKIN 6 1/2" Hand Painted under Glaze Tintern Pattern Sandwich or Dessert Plates Made in England. 
These vintage Meakin sandwich or cake plates are still lovely and all are in terrific vintage condition.  There were 12 but one somehow seems to have gone missing.  These are a terrific buy, and would make wonderful extra's for those larger gatherings or unexpected events which do crop up throughout the summer months. 

Today is storage locker day, so off I go to unpack more boxes and uncover some old memories, or find a new treasure which I didn't know about or even if I did, simply did not remember. 

Have a wonderful day everyone, seems like around my area Miss Spring is finally making an appearance and she hasn't come back at a better time.....

P.S. Comments are free - why not add your thoughts or questions if you might wish too.  






No comments: