Monday, November 3, 2014

It's All About Comfort

Good Morning everyone!  I promised to come back and post today, managed somehow to make it through the 2 day local Christmas Craft Fair this past weekend, thanks very much to my neighbor who kept me mindfully aware of possible buyers at my booth and the motivation. Saturday morning dawned far too early for me, and it was such a long day with no sales that I really did begin to despair!  Then of course Daylight Savings Time happened this weekend as well making it even a teensy bit more difficult on the physical side of things!  No matter somehow I did make it to Sunday, and did a bed inspection very, very soon after arriving home!   

I noticed there were some wonderful items flying from the booths of vendors who made and sold felted recycled woolen items.  There was also a Knitted Doll maker who did very well, all in all I could see purchases being made, but for the most of us we struggled just to sell back the cost of the registration fees. 

51 days from today it will be Christmas Morning, how many of us will be ready?  Time seems to be flying and I know many of us will begin to panic if we don't find that perfect gift we're looking for.  Seeing as I noticed the surge in buying items made from recycled wool sweaters and the like, I thought I might troll the shops at Etsy who make this type of product for us the buying public.  I must tell you the items at the local event were beautiful and well made and did fly from the booth!

Like this beautiful patchwork woolen vest from LovelyOldLinens
This looks very colorful, strong (because of the felted wool) and very comfortable.  

Felted Wool handbags and totes were also a huge seller for this particular vendor and yesterday she actually sold out or not only her purses, but her beautiful mittens and cushions.  
Take a peek at this extraordinary handbag from PollysFeltz shop



Isn't it lovely, and the shop is filled with beautifully felted and constructed handbags!

A beautiful gift for someone who uses or enjoys using a coin purse!  From the AgnesFelt shop.  It's just the right size and looks absolutely lovely!


From the LovelyJellyDesigns shop, I found this beautiful cushion, festooned with beautiful poppies!  It literally pops with color!



AND from the Sofft shop is this gorgeous cream bobble cushion, now isn't this a beauty? 

Nothing is more comfortable on your feet than felted woolen slippers, durable, warm and they mold to your feet!  How better than this can you buy?
The quiltery shop has these hand made's just waiting for someones feet to caress and comfort!
 This slipper design is a classic, and my most favorite style of footwear because these provide roomy comfort for my beleaguered feet.  These slippers will be so welcomed on Christmas morning and you'll be thought of time and again by the person fortunate enough to have been gifted with them.  

Here is another pair from the EmisaFelt shop, sparking blue and same shaping I happen to favor!


Want to give someone the luxurious warm feeling for their hands this winter, then buy them a beautifully recycled pair of wool felted mittens!  Colorful and snug warmth will have the person gifted with these ever thankful you bought them!  These make fun in the snow a treat, and great for making those fabulous snow balls!

These beauties come from the LittleKittens shop!  

Look at these and tell me your daughter, mother, daughter-in-law, granddaughter wouldn't be tickled pink with these beautiful mittens from the miraclemittens and more shop!


There are a number of up-cycled or recycled wool items I haven't even touched upon, making these products not only useful but very trendy!

Recycling is such a good thing for the planet, providing a second even sometimes a third life to something which gave good service on its first time around, to be productively used again with a whole new look and a new use, is a very good thing!  

Recycled articles make beautiful and trending gifts to give as well as receive and with a tiny bit of care will wear and last forever!



****The choice of items I choose to write about is my own, I am not affiliated with any crafting community, sellers or the shop owners or individual or company!    I do not extract nor do I get paid  for my publications of any item or items or personal opinions contained within this my personal blog.   I do not know nor am I affiliated with any person or shop I write about whatsoever*****


No comments: