Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Power to Bestow

We, as individuals have the power to bestow gifts without needing a reason for doing so, but usually held back by us in celebration of  Birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas!  My shopping horizon this year is stacked with the fall months being the heaviest of the gift giving season and then there is Christmas all on my horizon!

I found some wonderful gift ideas to give to my family and friends this year, substantial gifting without breaking my bank account and always preferably hand made. I can find anything for anyone at Etsy and so can you!

For the one I know is into wine, this beautifully crafted Wine Rack has been named The Great Lakes Wine Rack and rightly so for these merchants, Jim and Lisa Millen whose Shop,  GreatLakesReclaimed from Petoskey, Michigan are in the heart of the Great Lakes...This is but one of their hand made and hand crafted products, one that I would be proud to give as a gift this year. This is attractive, excellent quality, beautiful wood and a great price.  
 This rack would look beautiful and from its looks won't take up additional space as some cabinets require.  

I have friends who are avid birders and whose feeding stations are deteriorating.  THIS handmade bird feeding station from The Bird On The Tree Tree is so simply designed yet very practical and it is made from wood and large enough for the birds to be safe in its sheltered design, yet so very practical, it can be hung anywhere out of reach of four legged creatures.   

I have a friend whose walls are sparse and in want of something inviting to be hung.  I found this absolutely romantic Photograph which would be perfect. 
It was taken by Heather Reid of Heather Reid Studios
or this Giclee fine art reproduction from Kai Samuels-Davis which would fit a friends' new home, suit her style and I can color co-ordinate with her room color scheme, you see she loves anything to do with wide open nature spaces and the ocean, so beautifully produced prints or photographs are a good fit for this particular individual, and 



coupled with the fact that it is a reproduction from the original painting and the price of the reproduction will not bust my piggy bank wide open. 

One of my friends is totally into travel and is on one of her travels now.  I am thinking a travel journal would do nicely as I am certain her current journal is beyond full. 

This is a very neat journal, hand made by JenofEveDesigns,  it is a mixed media journal having both kraft and ivory cardstock as well as watercolor for the pages.  She would love this I am certain.  It will hold everything writtn, pasted or scrap booked into it.   It is perfect for a birthday or even Christmas gift giving times. 

                                                                                            
Etsy has a plethora of artisans who are very adept at taking a design and making it work, always attractive and useful and for the most part very affordable.  





****The choice of items I choose to write about is my own, I am not affiliated with any crafting community, sellers or store owners and no individual or company pays for my blogging postings about any article or item contained within this blog.  I do not know nor am I affiliated with any person or shop I write about in any way whatsoever. ***

No comments: