Friday, September 19, 2014

This Side of Greece

Having lately fallen in love with sculpture, I simply cannot resist pointing out a few more beautiful pieces I discovered while trolling through Etsy shops the other day.  There are Museums for me to visit as well as galleries, but, as I live at least two hours drive from any National Museum, I don't often have the opportunity to go and just enjoy any beautiful art works on display. 

However, I do get my art fix through Etsy shops, and believe me, I am right into sculpture lately so today I am going to share some more luxury finds with you. 

I found this stately Greek Horse on display for sale at the GreekMythos shop, this statue is so very majestic and proudly beautiful. 


Seems like it is a day in Greece for me!  I discovered this Greek Head at Rox Stoneworks, this face exudes strength and character.   Imagine this man in full figure with beautiful flowing robes, quite a specimen!


The glorious King Leonidas from the Movie "300" and he is breathtakingly beautiful!  This my friends is so surreal and as I sit and look at the bronze I cannot help but feel like he's going to let go of his thrusted lance and for certain capture that which he has chased down!,   This sculptor is well known, he is Oregon's Barry Stein whose works have been presented by the U.S. Government to visiting Heads of State, and he is here at Etsy with perfectly formed creatures and animals, but this one piece has me captured.... if you go to frogmaster1999  you will see smaller pieces you cannot fail to see the beauty and skill in. 



Then there are these, the Goddess Aphrodite and the God Apollo of Greek Mythology!  Solid Bronze sculptures from Vibraa .  





Sculpture is totally three dimensional form of art and in these Greek related subjects you will see well defined works of art.  Sculpture actually is an art form began in Ancient Greece and to see such astounding works today is testimony to the skill of those with eyes into the past. 

Art induces many forms and this is but one splendid form, to the one who appreciates the skilled technician I marvel at the spectrum of fine art which is readily available for sale at Etsy.  

Artists no longer have a need to rely on an Agent or Gallery to represent them by proclaiming their talents, these Artisans are confident in and of themselves which is noticeable in any size of object they create.  

Art to my humble way of seeing is precious, like a fine aged wine, but unlike fine aged wines, the skill of the artists' work will remain forever


or a  finest violin virtuoso playing in your living room just for your ears alone, so moving it's sheer beauty makes you cry happy, catch your breath and marvel at the skilled hand that produced it, just for you!  


****The choice of items I choose to write about is my own, I am not affiliated with any crafting community, sellers or store owners and no individual or company pays for my blogging about any article or item contained within this blog. I do not know nor am I affiliated with any person or shop I write about in any whatsoever*****


No comments: